Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis, & Lacy, s.c., a law firm focusing on the representation of Wisconsin’s public school districts and higher education institutions, as well as other public entities and private businesses, in all areas of their operations, including labor and employment matters, is looking to fill an associate attorney position in the firm’s Madison Office. An ideal candidate will be a licensed attorney in good standing in Wisconsin with strong academic credentials, superior research and writing skills and a passion for public education. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package and an excellent opportunity for professional growth. For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter, resumé, salary expectations and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attorney Kirk Strang will provide the Annual School Law Update to superintendents at the Annual Summer Legal Conference in Sturgeon Bay, WI. The annual event is the largest legal issues conference of the year for Wisconsin superintendents.
On June 25, 2018, Attorney Shana Lewis will present a legal update at the Principal Academy in Marshall, Wisconsin.
On May 11, 2018, Attorney Kirk Strang will again present as part of the CESA #11 Annual Legal Institute at CESA #11’s headquarters in Turtle Lake, WI.
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis, & Lacy s.c. is proud to sponsor the WCASS Spring Golf Outing and BBQ held in conjunction with the 2018 WCASS Spring Conference.
On May 2, 2018, Attorneys Chad Wade and Tony Renning presented at the WCASS Spring Conference on the rights of students with disabilities to participate in extra-curricular activities and the duty of school districts to accommodate those students under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
On April 27, 2018, Attorney Shana Lewis served as the Special Guest at the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators’ New Building Administrators Academy in DeForest, Wisconsin. She presented the Legal Hot Topic: Navigating Cyber Challenges.
On April 27, 2018, Attorney Kirk Strang presented the Keynote address at the 15th Annual WASSA Spring Conference in Stevens Point, WI.
On April 20, 2018, Attorneys Shana Lewis and Jenna Rousseau presented to the Waupaca County School District Administrators focusing on personnel investigations and discipline.
On April 18, 2018, Attorney Kirk Strang continued his work with new superintendents at the 5th installment of the First Year Superintendents Academy Workshop V. This year’s program was held in conjunction with the WASDA Annual Educational Conference in Oshkosh, WI.
Attorney Kirk Strang presented an expanded version of his WASDA Spring Regional Program, “Anatomy of a Teacher Contract” at the WASDA Annual Educational Conference in Oshkosh, WI. The conference took place from April 18 through April 20, 2018.
On April 17, 2018, Attorney Kirk Strang presented at the 2018 WASPA Spring Administrative Support Conference.
The Firm once again partnered with WASDA in Spring to provide legal programming at six WASDA Regional meetings:
- March 6 - Eau Claire
- March 8 – Stevens Point
- March 14 - Hayward
- March 16 - Richland Center
- March 22 - Pewaukee
- March 23 - Green Bay
The programs consisted of current legal topics of interest to school districts including student walkouts, teacher contracts, and other general school law updates.
On February 9, 2018, Attorneys Shana Lewis and Chad Wade presented on the topic of Student Seclusion and Restraint at the 2018 Western Wisconsin Education Conference in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy, s.c. is pleased to announce that Kirk Strang was selected to the 2017 Wisconsin Super Lawyer’s list and Jenna Rousseau has been selected to the 2017 Rising Star list.
On January 24, 2018, Attorney Chad Wade presented at the WCASS Winter conference held in Appleton. The presentation was on strategies for responding to state special education complaints.
On January 17, 2018, the Attorneys of Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy hosted a school law update and reception during the Joint State Education Convention, in the Lakeshore Ballroom, Hyatt Hotel, Milwaukee.
Starting on January 13, 2018, Attorney Shana Lewis will be co-teaching ED 820 Law, Media and Marketing, a course offered by Edgewood College’s Educational Doctorate program. Shana has been involved with this program for more than 12 years.
On December 7, 2017, Attorney Shana Lewis served on a panel of school law attorneys and discuss current legal issues for school administrators at the annual WASBO/WASPA Personnel conference held in Madison.
On December 3 - 8, 2017, Attorney Callie Kidder Lacy volunteered with the CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) family detention facility in Dilley, Texas.
Four Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy, s.c., attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2018 Wisconsin Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Compiled using a rigorous peer-review process, the list is designed to showcase those lawyers who are highly regarded in their field. The Firm’s 2018 "Best Lawyers," and the practice areas in which they are listed, are as follows:
- Attorney Kirk D. Strang; Education Law and Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Tony J. Renning; Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Geoffrey A. Lacy; Employment Law - Management, Immigration Law, and Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Shana R. Lewis; Education Law, Employment Law - Management, Labor Law - Management, and Litigation - Labor and Employment. Also, Shana has been named the Best Lawyers’ 2018 Green Bay Labor Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year".
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis, & Lacy, s.c. is a proud supporter of many charitable and community organizations including:
- A Fund for Women: http://www.affw.org/
- American Players Theatre: http://americanplayers.org/
- Brown County Home Builders Association: http://www.bchba.org/
- CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project: http://caraprobono.org/
- CESA Foundation: http://www.cesawi.org/
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc.: http://www.christineann.net/
- Community Action of Rock and Walworth Counties, Inc.: http://www.community-action.org/
- Current Young Professionals Green Bay: http://www.titletown.org/programs/young-professionalscurrent
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc.: http://familyservicesnew.org/
- Huntington Bank, Wisconsin Advisory Board: https://www.huntington.com/
- Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin, Inc.: http://www.grrow.org/
- Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce https://greaterbeloitchamber.org/
- Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau:http://www.travelwisconsin.com/local-visitor-information-centers/greater-green-bay-convention-visitors-bureau-192659
- Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE): https://gracesystem.org/
- Green Bay Brown County Professional Football District:http://www.co.brown.wi.us/departments/committees/?department=2c960fb409b5&committee=b35033b37523
- Green Bay Community Theater - http://gbcommunitytheater.com/
- Green Bay Kiwanis Club: http://kcogbd.com/
- Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, Inc.: http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/hall-of-fame/visit.html
- Leadership Green Bay: http://www.titletown.org/programs/leadership/leadership-green-bay
- Leadership Oshkosh: http://www.oshkoshchamber.com/get-involved/leadership-oshkosh/
- Madison Community Foundation: http://www.madisoncommunityfoundation.org/
- Operation Fresh Start: http://www.operationfreshstart.org/
- Oshkosh Area United Way: http://www.oshkoshunitedway.org/
- Oshkosh Area Society of Human Resource Managers: http://oshkoshshrm.org/
- Oshkosh Boys and Girls Club: http://www.bgcosh.org/
- Oshkosh Community YMCA: http://www.oshkoshymca.org/
- Oshkosh Family Inc.: http://www.oshkoshfamily.org/
- Oshkosh Rotary Southwest: http://www.oshkoshrotarysouthwest.org/
- Paine Art Center and Gardens: www.thepaine.org
- Pines Community Wellness Center: http://www.npsd.k12.wi.us/wellnesscenter/
- Rock Walworth Comprehensive Family Services (Head Start/Early Head Start): http://rwcfs.org/
- Rotary Botanical Gardens of Janesville: http://www.rotarybotanicalgardens.org/
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company: https://www.steppenwolf.org/
- Sconniewood 2015 Youth Film Festival: http://sconniewood.com/index.php
- TEMPO Madison http://www.tempomadison.org/
- Theatre Lila: http://theatrelila.com/
- Unemployment Compensation Appeals Clinic: https://wisconsinui.wordpress.com/
- Wisconsin Academic Decathlon
- Wisconsin Family Business Forum: http://wfbf.uwosh.edu/
Focus | Wisconsin
We are also focused on providing legal services in other areas that our clients need, such as real estate, general business law, creditor’s rights, and business litigation.
- Green Bay, Madison, and Oshkosh
- Service Center: