Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy, s.c. is pleased to announce that Attorney Chad P. Wade has been promoted to Shareholder at the firm. Chad practices primarily in the areas of School and Higher Education Law with a focus on Special Education Law, Labor and Employment Law, and Municipal Law. Chad regularly works with school district clients on education law issues, including pupil special education and disability accommodation matters. Chad also assists school districts and other public sector clients with employment relations matters, public records, open meetings, and other issues that concern governmental bodies. Chad provides counsel in a variety of labor and employment matters, including legal compliance and defense of employers under the FLSA, FMLA, NLRA, and discrimination laws, and has experience drafting and implementing a wide range of employment policies. Chad is actively involved in various professional organizations including the Wisconsin School Attorneys Association (member), Wisconsin Council of Administrators or Special Services (member), National Society of Human Resource Managers (member) and Oshkosh Area Society of Human Resource Managers (Past President). He is involved in the community, serving as Chair of the Leadership Oshkosh Criminal Justice Day Committee, Board Member of the Fond du Lac Area United Way, and Past President of Fox Cities Curling, Inc.
The firm is looking to fill an associate attorney position in our Madison Office. We focus on the representation of Wisconsin’s public school districts and higher education institutions, as well as other public entities and private businesses, in all areas of their operations, including labor and employment matters. An ideal candidate will be a licensed attorney in good standing in Wisconsin with at least three years of legal experience, strong academic credentials, superior research and writing skills and a passion for public education. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package and an excellent opportunity for professional growth. For immediate consideration, please submit a cover letter, resumé, salary expectations and a writing sample to email@example.com.
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy, s.c. is pleased to announce that the following attorneys have been named to the 2019 Edition of The Best Lawyers in America, the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession:
Kirk D. Strang, Education Law; Labor Law-Management
Shana R. Lewis, Education Law; Employment Law-Management; Labor Law-Management; Litigation-Labor and Employment
Geoffrey A. Lacy, Employment Law-Management; Immigration Law; Labor Law-Management
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy is excited to announce the addition of a new attorney to its Madison office. Attorney Colin Lane joined the firm in June 2018. He represents both public and private sector clients in school and higher education law, labor and employment law, and municipal law. Attorney Lane is a 2018 graduate of the University of Wisconsin Law School.
On February 6, 2019, Kirk Strang will appear at the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators Middle and High School Principals Conference in Madison.
On December 12, 2018, Attorneys Tony Renning and Chad Wade will present a legislative update to the Oshkosh Chapter of the Society of Human Resource Managers (SHRM). The legislative update is an annual program reviewing new labor and employment legislation and case law from the previous year.
On November 8-9, 2018, Kirk Strang will present at the Wisconsin Association of School Personnel Administrators Directors’ Conference in Elkhart Lake. The annual conference provides a series of programs on school district human resources issues for school district human resources directors from around the state.
On October 25, 2018, Attorney Shana Lewis will present to the Wisconsin Association of School Superintendent Assistants (WASSA) on the subject of preparing for and conducting special meetings, including annual meetings, pupil expulsion hearings, school district boundary meetings, budget hearings, and more.
On October 14, and 15, 2018, Attorney Shana Lewis will present a School Law Update for Advisors at Wisconsin Association of School Councils’ 2018 Fall Leadership Institute in Waunakee and Madison.
On September 25, 2018, Attorney Chad Wade will present at the Mental Health and Behavior Summit in Wisconsin Dells. The Summit is an annual program held by Cooperative Educational Service Agency #5. Attorney Wade is presenting on two topics at the Summit: Seclusion and Physical Restraint in the School Environment and Functional Behavior Assessment/Behavior Intervention Plans.
On August 14, 2018, Kirk Strang will appear at the CESA #11 Legal Summit.
The members of TEMPO of Madison have elected Attorney Shana Lewis to serve as Vice President of the Board of Directors for the 2018-2019 fiscal year.
On July 25-27, 2018, Kirk Strang will present his annual Education Law Update at the Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators Summer Legal Conference in Sturgeon Bay. The WASDA Legal Conference is the largest conference for school district superintendents that is dedicated to legal issues in Wisconsin.
On August 6-7, 2018, Kirk Strang will present to the Wisconsin Association of School Personnel Administrators Summer Human Resources Conference. Kirk will discuss school district employment contracts, from administrators, to teachers, to bus drivers, and more.
On June 27, 2018, Attorney Shana Lewis will present on the effective use of school district legal counsel to students enrolled in Edgewood College’s Educational Doctorate program.
On June 25, 2018, Attorneys Tony Renning and Shana Lewis will present a legal update at the Principal Academy in Marshall, Wisconsin.
On May 11, 2018, Attorney Kirk Strang presented as part of the CESA #11 Annual Legal Institute at CESA #11’s headquarters in Turtle Lake, WI.
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis, & Lacy s.c. is proud to sponsor the WCASS Spring Golf Outing and BBQ held in conjunction with the 2018 WCASS Spring Conference.
On May 2, 2018, Attorneys Chad Wade and Tony Renning presented at the WCASS Spring Conference on the rights of students with disabilities to participate in extra-curricular activities and the duty of school districts to accommodate those students under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Attorney Callie Kidder Lacy received recognition in the 2017 Pro Bono Honor Society for her work in providing legal services to vulnerable individuals. Each year, the Wisconsin Access to Justice Commission recognizes the contributions of attorneys who devote significant amounts of time in the performance of free legal services to assist people of limited means. Attorney Lacy spent a week of her time providing pro bono legal representation to women and children seeking asylum in the United States who are being detained at a U.S. operated detention facility in Texas. Attorney Lacy was one of only two lawyers in Brown County recognized for their service.
On April 27, 2018, Attorney Shana Lewis served as the Special Guest at the Association of Wisconsin School Administrators’ New Building Administrators Academy in DeForest, Wisconsin. She presented the Legal Hot Topic: Navigating Cyber Challenges.
On April 27, 2018, Attorney Kirk Strang presented the Keynote address at the 15th Annual WASSA Spring Conference in Stevens Point, WI.
On April 25, 2018, Attorneys Geoffrey Lacy and Callie Kidder Lacy presented on post-graduate immigration options to international students at Lawrence University.
On April 20, 2018, Attorneys Shana Lewis and Jenna Rousseau presented to the Waupaca County School District Administrators focusing on personnel investigations and discipline.
On April 18, 2018, Attorney Kirk Strang continued his work with new superintendents at the 5th installment of the First Year Superintendents Academy Workshop V. This year’s program was held in conjunction with the WASDA Annual Educational Conference in Oshkosh, WI.
Attorney Kirk Strang presented an expanded version of his WASDA Spring Regional Program, “Anatomy of a Teacher Contract” at the WASDA Annual Educational Conference in Oshkosh, WI. The conference took place from April 18 through April 20, 2018.
On April 17, 2018, Attorney Kirk Strang presented at the 2018 WASPA Spring Administrative Support Conference.
The Firm once again partnered with WASDA in Spring to provide legal programming at six WASDA Regional meetings:
- March 6 - Eau Claire
- March 8 – Stevens Point
- March 14 - Hayward
- March 16 - Richland Center
- March 22 - Pewaukee
- March 23 - Green Bay
The programs consisted of current legal topics of interest to school districts including student walkouts, teacher contracts, and other general school law updates.
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis, & Lacy, s.c. is a proud supporter of many charitable and community organizations including:
- A Fund for Women: http://www.affw.org/
- American Players Theatre: http://americanplayers.org/
- Broadway Theatre De Pere, WI: http://birderonbroadway.org/broadway-theater/
- Brown County Home Builders Association: http://www.bchba.org/
- CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project: http://caraprobono.org/
- CESA Foundation: http://www.cesawi.org/
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc.: http://www.christineann.net/
- Community Action of Rock and Walworth Counties, Inc.: http://www.community-action.org/
- Current Young Professionals Green Bay: http://www.titletown.org/programs/young-professionalscurrent
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc.: http://familyservicesnew.org/
- Huntington Bank, Wisconsin Advisory Board: https://www.huntington.com/
- Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin, Inc.: http://www.grrow.org/
- Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce https://greaterbeloitchamber.org/
- Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau:http://www.travelwisconsin.com/local-visitor-information-centers/greater-green-bay-convention-visitors-bureau-192659
- Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE): https://gracesystem.org/
- Green Bay Brown County Professional Football District:http://www.co.brown.wi.us/departments/committees/?department=2c960fb409b5&committee=b35033b37523
- Green Bay Community Theater - http://gbcommunitytheater.com/
- Green Bay Kiwanis Club: http://kcogbd.com/
- Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, Inc.: http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/hall-of-fame/visit.html
- Leadership Green Bay: http://www.titletown.org/programs/leadership/leadership-green-bay
- Leadership Oshkosh: http://www.oshkoshchamber.com/get-involved/leadership-oshkosh/
- Madison Community Foundation: http://www.madisoncommunityfoundation.org/
- Operation Fresh Start: http://www.operationfreshstart.org/
- Oshkosh Area United Way: http://www.oshkoshunitedway.org/
- Oshkosh Area Society of Human Resource Managers: http://oshkoshshrm.org/
- Oshkosh Boys and Girls Club: http://www.bgcosh.org/
- Oshkosh Community YMCA: http://www.oshkoshymca.org/
- Oshkosh Family Inc.: http://www.oshkoshfamily.org/
- Oshkosh Rotary Southwest: http://www.oshkoshrotarysouthwest.org/
- Paine Art Center and Gardens: www.thepaine.org
- Pines Community Wellness Center: http://www.npsd.k12.wi.us/wellnesscenter/
- Rock Walworth Comprehensive Family Services (Head Start/Early Head Start): http://rwcfs.org/
- Rotary Botanical Gardens of Janesville: http://www.rotarybotanicalgardens.org/
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company: https://www.steppenwolf.org/
- Sconniewood 2015 Youth Film Festival: http://sconniewood.com/index.php
- TEMPO Madison http://www.tempomadison.org/
- Theatre Lila: http://theatrelila.com/
- Unemployment Compensation Appeals Clinic: https://wisconsinui.wordpress.com/
- Wisconsin Academic Decathlon
- Wisconsin Family Business Forum: http://wfbf.uwosh.edu/
Focus | Wisconsin
We are also focused on providing legal services in other areas that our clients need, such as real estate, general business law, creditor’s rights, and business litigation.
- Green Bay, Madison, and Oshkosh
- Service Center: