Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy, s.c. is pleased to announce that Kirk Strang was selected to the 2017 Wisconsin Super Lawyer’s list and Jenna Rousseau has been selected to the 2017 Rising Star list.
On May 18, 2018, Attorney Julie Lewis will co-present with Kimberly Area School District Director of Business Services Rebecca Hansen at the WASBO Spring Conference in Wisconsin Dells. The topic will be Sustainable Strategies for Retiree and Early Retiree Health Care Plans.
On March 15, 2018, Attorney Julie Lewis will co-present with Kimberly Area School District Director of Business Services Rebecca Hansen at the WASBO Spring Accounting Conference. The topic is Sustainable Strategies for Retiree and Early Retiree Health Care Plans.
On January 17, 2018, the Attorneys of Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy will be hosting a school law update and reception during the Joint State Education Convention, in the Lakeshore Ballroom, Hyatt Hotel, Milwaukee. Registration begins at 4:30 and the program is from 5:00 - 6:30 with a reception to follow.
On December 7, 2017, Attorney Shana Lewis will serve on a panel of school law attorneys and discuss current legal issues for school administrators at the annual WASBO/WASPA Personnel conference held in Madison.
On December 3 - 8, 2017, Attorney Callie Kidder Lacy will be volunteering with the CARA Family Detention Pro Bono Project at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) family detention facility in Dilley, Texas.
On November 14, 2017, Attorney Shana R. Lewis presented on the topic of professional staff performance evaluations, documentation, and contract non-renewal at the CESA 4 PAC meeting in West Salem, Wisconsin.
The Firm once again partnered with WASDA this Fall to provide legal programming at seven WASDA Regional meetings:
- October 10 – Hayward
- October 11 – Eau Claire
- October 17 – Pewaukee
- October 24 – Stevens Point
- October 25 – Rhinelander
- October 31 – Green Bay
- November 6 – Richland Center
The programs consisted of current legal topics of interest to school districts including developments in open meetings law, transgender student rights, and other general school law updates.
Four Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy, s.c., attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2018 Wisconsin Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Compiled using a rigorous peer-review process, the list is designed to showcase those lawyers who are highly regarded in their field. The Firm’s 2018 "Best Lawyers," and the practice areas in which they are listed, are as follows:
- Attorney Kirk D. Strang; Education Law and Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Tony J. Renning; Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Geoffrey A. Lacy; Employment Law - Management, Immigration Law, and Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Shana R. Lewis; Education Law, Employment Law - Management, Labor Law - Management, and Litigation - Labor and Employment. Also, Shana has been named the Best Lawyers’ 2018 Green Bay Labor Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year".
On October 20, 2017, Julie Lewis presented at the WASB/WSAA School Law Seminar with Attorney Richelle Ladwig of Quartz Benefits on the topic of new developments in state and federal healthcare law. The presentation included a status update on the ACA and the group health insurance market, along with legal and tax aspects of employee and retiree health insurance cost and funding strategies.
On October 12, 2017, Attorney Shana R. Lewis presented at the Fifteenth Annual Wisconsin Association of School Superintendent Assistants (WASSA) Fall Workshop in Baraboo, Wisconsin.
On October 3, 2017, Julie Lewis attended the State Bar UW Law School Expo as a Labor and Employment Law Section Board member to meet and greet law students who have an interest in labor and employment law.
On July 26-28, 2017, Kirk Strang presented at the WASDA Legal Conference held in Sturgeon Bay. The WASDA Legal Conference is the largest legal issues program of the year held by WASDA.
On July 19, 2017, Shana Lewis joined administrators from the Hudson School District to present on the impact of 2011 Wisconsin Act 10 at the Iowa School Board Association Fiscal Management Conference in Altoona, Iowa.
Attorney Julie Lewis has been elected as the Secretary/Treasurer for the Labor & Employment Law Section of the Wisconsin State Bar. Her term will begin on July 1, 2017.
On July 1, 2017, Attorney Shana Lewis was elected as the Recording Secretary for the Board of Directors for Tempo-Madison, an organization with the mission of encouraging the advancement of women in business, public service, academia and the arts.
On June 27, 2017, Shana Lewis and Geoffrey Lacy presented at the Principal Academy in Marshall, Wisconsin.
On June 14-16, 2017, Chad Wade presented at the Director of Special Education Summit held in Trego WI. The DSE Summit is an annual program jointly held by CESA 11 and CESA 12 for area Directors and special education professionals.
On May 19, 2017, Kirk Strang presented a Legal Update for area school superintendents at CESA #9.
On May 10-12, 2017, Kirk Strang presented at the annual WASDA convention, which was held in Madison. The WASDA convention featured programming for Superintendents from around the state, a special recognition ceremony for this year’s retiring superintendents and, reportedly, a return performance of The Superintendencies.
On May 4, 2017, Attorneys Shana Lewis and Chad Wade presented Accommodations Available: Understanding ADA Requirements for Pupil Services Professionals at the 2017 WCASS Spring Conference in Madison, Wisconsin.
On April 28, 2017, Shana Lewis and Tony Renning presented at the Wisconsin Association of School Superintendent Assistants Fourteenth Annual Spring Conference in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
On April 27, 2017, Shana Lewis presented Legal Hot Topic: Navigating Cyber Challenges at the New Building Administrators Academy offered by the Association for Wisconsin Administrators (AWSA) in Madison, Wisconsin.
On April 26, 2017, Geoffrey Lacy presented on Immigration Options For Foreign Graduates to Lawrence University International Students.
On April 10, 2017, Geoffrey Lacy presented on the Family and Medical Leave Act and Worker’s Compensation at the Wisconsin Association of School Personnel Administrators’ Support Staff Seminar in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis, & Lacy, s.c. is a proud supporter of many charitable and community organizations including:
- A Fund for Women: http://www.affw.org/
- American Players Theatre: http://americanplayers.org/
- Brown County Home Builders Association: http://www.bchba.org/
- CESA Foundation: http://www.cesawi.org/
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc.: http://www.christineann.net/
- Community Action of Rock and Walworth Counties, Inc.: http://www.community-action.org/
- Current Young Professionals Green Bay: http://www.titletown.org/programs/young-professionalscurrent
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS)http://abuseintervention.org/
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc.: http://familyservicesnew.org/
- Huntington Bank, Wisconsin Advisory Board: https://www.huntington.com/
- Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin, Inc.: http://www.grrow.org/
- Greater Beloit Chamber of Commerce https://greaterbeloitchamber.org/
- Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau:http://www.travelwisconsin.com/local-visitor-information-centers/greater-green-bay-convention-visitors-bureau-192659
- Greenridge Piers and Parks Association, Inc.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greenridge-Pier-Parks-Association/899569256770937
- Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE): https://gracesystem.org/
- Green Bay Area School District Enrollment Management Task Force:https://greenbayschools.wordpress.com/tag/enrollment-management-task-force/
- Green Bay Brown County Professional Football District:http://www.co.brown.wi.us/departments/committees/?department=2c960fb409b5&committee=b35033b37523
- Green Bay Community Theater - http://gbcommunitytheater.com/
- Green Bay Kiwanis Club: http://kcogbd.com/
- Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, Inc.: http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/hall-of-fame/visit.html
- Leadership Green Bay: http://www.titletown.org/programs/leadership/leadership-green-bay
- Leadership Oshkosh: http://www.oshkoshchamber.com/get-involved/leadership-oshkosh/
- Madison Community Foundation: http://www.madisoncommunityfoundation.org/
- Oshkosh Area United Way: http://www.oshkoshunitedway.org/
- Oshkosh Area Society of Human Resource Managers: http://oshkoshshrm.org/
- Oshkosh Boys and Girls Club: http://www.bgcosh.org/
- Oshkosh Community YMCA: http://www.oshkoshymca.org/
- Oshkosh Family Inc.: http://www.oshkoshfamily.org/
- Oshkosh Rotary Southwest: http://www.oshkoshrotarysouthwest.org/
- Paine Art Center and Gardens: www.thepaine.org
- Pines Community Wellness Center: http://www.npsd.k12.wi.us/wellnesscenter/
- Rock County Pro Bono Program: https://www.justia.com/lawyers/wisconsin/rock-county/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services
- Rock Walworth Comprehensive Family Services (Head Start/Early Head Start): http://rwcfs.org/
- Rotary Botanical Gardens of Janesville: http://www.rotarybotanicalgardens.org/
- Sconniewood 2015 Youth Film Festival: http://sconniewood.com/index.php
- TEMPO Madison http://www.tempomadison.org/
- Theatre Lila: http://theatrelila.com/
- Unemployment Compensation Appeals Clinic: https://wisconsinui.wordpress.com/
- Wisconsin Academic Decathlon
- Wisconsin Family Business Forum: http://wfbf.uwosh.edu/
- Wisconsin Literacy: http://wisconsinliteracy.org/homepage.html
Focus | Wisconsin
We are also focused on providing legal services in other areas that our clients need, such as real estate, general business law, creditor’s rights, and business litigation.
- Green Bay, Madison, and Oshkosh
- Service Center: