Four Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy, s.c., attorneys have been selected for inclusion in the 2018 Wisconsin Edition of The Best Lawyers in America©. Compiled using a rigorous peer-review process, the list is designed to showcase those lawyers who are highly regarded in their field. The Firm’s 2018 "Best Lawyers," and the practice areas in which they are listed, are as follows:
- Attorney Kirk D. Strang; Education Law and Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Tony J. Renning; Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Geoffrey A. Lacy; Employment Law - Management, Immigration Law, and Labor Law – Management.
- Attorney Shana R. Lewis; Education Law, Employment Law - Management, Labor Law - Management, and Litigation - Labor and Employment. Also, Shana has been named the Best Lawyers’ 2018 Green Bay Labor Law - Management "Lawyer of the Year".
On December 7, 2017, Attorney Shana Lewis will serve on a panel of school law attorneys and discuss current legal issues for school administrators at the annual WASBO/WASPA Personnel conference held in Madison.
On October 20, 2017, Julie Lewis will be presenting at the WASB/WSAA School Law Seminar with Attorney Richelle Ladwig of Quartz Benefits on the topic of new developments in state and federal healthcare law. The presentation will include a status update on the ACA and the group health insurance market, along with legal and tax aspects of employee and retiree health insurance cost and funding strategies.
On July 26-28, 2017, Kirk Strang will present at the WASDA Legal Conference held in Sturgeon Bay. The WASDA Legal Conference is the largest legal issues program of the year held by WASDA.
On July 19, 2017, Shana Lewis joined administrators from the Hudson School District to present on the impact of 2011 Wisconsin Act 10 at the Iowa School Board Association Fiscal Management Conference in Altoona, Iowa.
Attorney Julie Lewis has been elected as the Secretary/Treasurer for the Labor & Employment Law Section of the Wisconsin State Bar. Her term will begin on July 1, 2017.
On July 1, 2017, Attorney Shana Lewis was elected as the Recording Secretary for the Board of Directors for Tempo-Madison, an organization with the mission of encouraging the advancement of women in business, public service, academia and the arts.
On June 27, 2017, Shana Lewis and Geoffrey Lacy presented at the Principal Academy in Marshall, Wisconsin.
On June 14-16, 2017, Chad Wade presented at the Director of Special Education Summit held in Trego WI. The DSE Summit is an annual program jointly held by CESA 11 and CESA 12 for area Directors and special education professionals.
On May 19, 2017, Kirk Strang presented a Legal Update for area school superintendents at CESA #9.
On May 10-12, 2017, Kirk Strang presented at the annual WASDA convention, which was held in Madison. The WASDA convention featured programming for Superintendents from around the state, a special recognition ceremony for this year’s retiring superintendents and, reportedly, a return performance of The Superintendencies.
On May 4, 2017, Attorneys Shana Lewis and Chad Wade presented Accommodations Available: Understanding ADA Requirements for Pupil Services Professionals at the 2017 WCASS Spring Conference in Madison, Wisconsin.
On April 28, 2017, Shana Lewis and Tony Renning presented at the Wisconsin Association of School Superintendent Assistants Fourteenth Annual Spring Conference in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
On April 27, 2017, Shana Lewis presented Legal Hot Topic: Navigating Cyber Challenges at the New Building Administrators Academy offered by the Association for Wisconsin Administrators (AWSA) in Madison, Wisconsin.
On April 26, 2017, Geoffrey Lacy presented on Immigration Options For Foreign Graduates to Lawrence University International Students.
On April 10, 2017, Geoffrey Lacy presented on the Family and Medical Leave Act and Worker’s Compensation at the Wisconsin Association of School Personnel Administrators’ Support Staff Seminar in Stevens Point, Wisconsin.
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis & Lacy attorneys will be presenting legal updates and training on legal issues for Wisconsin school district superintendents at the upcoming WASDA Spring Regional conferences. WASDA’s Regional conferences are held in multiple locations across Wisconsin to provide information and continuing education opportunities, as well as networking for the state’s superintendents.
The WASDA Spring Regional programs will be held on the following dates and at the following locations:
- March 16: Hayward
- March 21: Green Bay
- March 22: Stevens Point
- April 6: Rhinelander/Tomahawk
- April 7: Eau Claire
- April 19: Richland Center
- April 20: Pewaukee
On March 2-3, 2017, Tony Renning, Geoffrey Lacy and Chad Wade presented Interesting Cases That Have Occurred in Wisconsin and What We Can Learn From It at The Wisconsin City/County Managers Association’s Winter Conference in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
On February 28, 2017, Shana Lewis was a guest lecturer for the Public Sector Labor Law course at the UW Law School.
On February 8-10, Kirk Strang and Shana Lewis presented a Legal Update to middle and high school principals at the 2017 AWSA Middle and High School Principals Convention in Green Bay.
On February 7, 2017, Kirk Strang presented a program on Special Legal Issues Confronting New School District Superintendents at the New Superintendents Conference in Madison. The New Superintendents Academy is sponsored by the Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators (WASDA), Wisconsin’s professional association for school district superintendents.
On February, 1, 2017, Tony Renning and Geoffrey Lacy presented a legal update at the CESA 7, PAC Meeting in Manitowoc, Wisconsin.
In January 2017, Attorney Shana Lewis started her 12th year serving as an adjunct faculty member in Edgewood College’s Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership (Ed.D).
On January 25, 2017, Attorneys Kirk Strang and Shana Lewis presented the topic Law and Technology: Challenges and Solutions for Principals during the pre-conference legal seminar for the 2017 Associate Principals Conference offered by the Association for Wisconsin Administrators (AWSA) in Madison, Wisconsin.
On January 18, 2017, the firm held a legal update and reception during the 96th Wisconsin State Education Convention in the Lakeshore Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency Milwaukee. Our attorneys discussed the top 5 things that school district officials need to know in each of the following areas:
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- Transgender Students
- Employee Benefits
- Special Education Student Litigation
On January 13, 2017, Kirk Strang presented a Legal Update for area school superintendents at CESA #9.
On December 8, 2016, Shana Lewis highlighted the important legal issues for school district personnel in 2017, as a member of the Attorney Panel for the WASPA-WASBO School Personnel Academy in Madison, Wisconsin.
On December 6, 2016, Chad Wade presented about IEP and 504 Plans at the National Business Institute’s Legal Workshop at the Best Western Riverfront Hotel in La Crosse, Wisconsin.
On December 2, 2016, Shana Lewis presented Realizing and Managing Liability at the National Conference on Student Activities, as a guest of the Wisconsin Association of School Councils, in Madison, Wisconsin.
On November 8, 2016, Shana Lewis served as a co-emcee, along with Michelle Vetterkind, President & CEO of the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association, for the TEMPO Shares Holiday Luncheon at the Madison Club in Madison, Wisconsin.
On November 3, 2016, Chad Wade will present Compliance Matters I: Meeting Your District’s Obligations Under Section 504 and Compliance Matters II: Handling Disciplinary Actions for Students Receiving Special Education at CESA #11 in Turtle Lake, Wisconsin.
Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis, & Lacy, s.c. is a proud supporter of many charitable and community organizations including:
- Madison Community Foundation: http://www.madisoncommunityfoundation.org/
- Theatre Lila: http://theatrelila.com/
- American Players Theatre: http://americanplayers.org/
- A Fund for Women: http://www.affw.org/
- Oshkosh Community YMCA: http://www.oshkoshymca.org/
- Oshkosh Area United Way: http://www.oshkoshunitedway.org/
- Oshkosh Family Inc.: http://www.oshkoshfamily.org/
- Paine Art Center and Gardens: www.thepaine.org
- Oshkosh Boys and Girls Club: http://www.bgcosh.org/
- Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc.: http://www.christineann.net/
- Wisconsin Family Business Forum: http://wfbf.uwosh.edu/
- Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, Inc.: http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/hall-of-fame/visit.html
- Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin, Inc.: http://familyservicesnew.org/
- Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau:http://www.travelwisconsin.com/local-visitor-information-centers/greater-green-bay-convention-visitors-bureau-192659
- Green Bay Area School District Enrollment Management Task Force:https://greenbayschools.wordpress.com/tag/enrollment-management-task-force/
- Green Bay Brown County Professional Football District:http://www.co.brown.wi.us/departments/committees/?department=2c960fb409b5&committee=b35033b37523
- FirstMerit, Wisconsin Advisory Board: https://www.firstmerit.com/privatebank/index.html
- Green Bay Kiwanis Club: http://kcogbd.com/
- Leadership Green Bay: http://www.titletown.org/programs/leadership/leadership-green-bay
- Current Young Professionals Green Bay: http://www.titletown.org/programs/young-professionalscurrent
- CESA Foundation: http://www.cesawi.org/
- Sconniewood 2015 Youth Film Festival: http://sconniewood.com/index.php
- Golden Retriever Rescue of Wisconsin, Inc.: http://www.grrow.org/
- Green Bay Boy Choir and Girl Choir: http://gbchoirs.org/
- Wisconsin Literacy: http://wisconsinliteracy.org/homepage.html
- Community Action of Rock and Walworth Counties, Inc.: http://www.community-action.org/
- Rock Walworth Comprehensive Family Services (Head Start/Early Head Start): http://rwcfs.org/
- Rock County Pro Bono Program: https://www.justia.com/lawyers/wisconsin/rock-county/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services
- Rotary Botanical Gardens of Janesville: http://www.rotarybotanicalgardens.org/
- Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS)http://abuseintervention.org/
- TEMPO Madison http://www.tempomadison.org/
- Unemployment Compensation Appeals Clinichttps://wisconsinui.wordpress.com/
- Greenridge Piers and Parks Association, Inc.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Greenridge-Pier-Parks-Association/899569256770937
- Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE): https://gracesystem.org/
- Brown County Home Builders Association: http://www.bchba.org/
- Leadership Oshkosh: http://www.oshkoshchamber.com/get-involved/leadership-oshkosh/
- Oshkosh Area Society of Human Resource Managers: http://oshkoshshrm.org/
- Oshkosh Rotary Southwest: http://www.oshkoshrotarysouthwest.org/
- Pines Community Wellness Center: http://www.npsd.k12.wi.us/wellnesscenter/
Focus | Wisconsin
We are also focused on providing legal services in other areas that our clients need, such as real estate, general business law, creditor’s rights, and business litigation.
- Green Bay, Madison, and Oshkosh
- Service Center: