Geoffrey A. Lacy
Toll Free (844) 833-0824
- Labor and Employment
- Municipal Labor Counsel
- School and Higher Education Law
- B.A., University of Wisconsin La Crosse
- J.D., Marquette University School of Law
Geoff advises employers on employment law issues, including hiring, discipline and discharge, discrimination defense and policy, FMLA, FLSA, and other areas of employment law.
He also provides representation in labor relations, including contract negotiations, grievance processing and related areas. He also devotes a significant portion of his practice to school and municipal law. In addition to employment law, Geoff regularly provides business immigration representation to employers seeking the services of foreign workers in the United States. His primary client base consists of private and public sector employers, public school districts, and Wisconsin municipalities, as well as foreign professionals seeking employment in the United States or seeking to invest in a United States business venture.
Published Articles / Presentations
- Presentation: Employment Law Hot Topics, Howard-Suamico Business Association
- Presentation: Thawing the ICE - Immigration Compliance for Employers, Neenah
- Presentation: Immigration in the Family Law Context, State Bar CLE, Milwaukee
- Presentation: Employment Law Update in Wisconsin, Lorman Seminars, Appleton
- Presentation: Legal Update: Free Speech, Public Records, Open Meetings, Collective Bargaining, Harassment and Bullying - Who is Prepared?, Kelly Lake
- Presentation: Overview of Immigration Law for Employers, Oshkosh Chamber
- Presentation: Hiring Practices and Practical Considerations, Seminar, Green Bay
- Recipient of the Irene “Billie” Kress Community Impact Award (2017)
- Best Lawyers® in America - Immigration Law, Labor and Employment Law, Labor and Employment Litigation (2010-2020)
- Named Rising Star by Wisconsin Super Lawyer (2010-2012)
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Brown County Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Past Chair Wisconsin Chapter
- Member, American Inns of Court
- Member, Wisconsin School Attorneys Association (WSAA)
- Board Member, Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame, Inc.
- Board Member, Greater Green Bay Convention and Visitor Bureau
- Board Member, Green Bay Community Theater
- Treasurer, Father Allouez Catholic School Site Advisory Board
Focus | Wisconsin
We are also focused on providing legal services in other areas that our clients need, such as real estate, general business law, creditor’s rights, and business litigation.
- Green Bay, Madison, and Oshkosh